How do I become a member?
- We can sign you up for an account via email. Send us an email at email@example.com and let us know that you’d like to join.
- We will get the necessary information to set up your account (contact info.).
- We accept Venmo (@mplstoylibrary), check, cash, or credit card (credit card is our least desirable as we accrue a larger fee with no card present) for the membership fee.
- Our last curbside event is May 22nd. If you sign up before Tuesday, May 18th you can pick up toys then. Starting in June we have different hours.
- After you signed up, read how our curbside toy pick up works under our tab labeled “curbside pick up,” and submit your first toy order!
- ****When we reopen in June, after you reserve a spot to come into the library to borrow, you can sign up at the library as well!****
Yearly membership options:
*sliding scale membership from $40 – $100. We encourage members to pay the fee that feels most comfortable for their family.
$40 – Sustains operations
$50 – Purchase new toys
$60 – Pay for marketing materials
$70 – Community play opportunities
$80 – Offer scholarships
$90 – Space expansion
$100 – Foundational membership
*volunteer membership for $20. Pay this membership fee and then sign up to volunteer at 4 events during the year. Volunteering is simple, a great way to support us, and a great way to get first dibs on cool toys that come back!
If the membership fee is hindering you from becoming a member, you can apply for a scholarship, which can help reduce the membership fee for your family. The application can be filled out at the library or here.
What members are saying…
We absolutely LOVE the toy library. Membership is worth every penny. – Kate Simpson The toy library helps our family save money, reduce materialism and waste, build community, and accommodate the changing interests and needs of our children. We give gift certificates as gifts to all the parents we know. – Kathryn Spotts
The toy library is amazing!! I strongly recommend checking it out! My girls love getting the new goodies each time and it makes my heart happy to know that we don’t have the keep the toys around our house forever! I hate clutter and owning too much stuff so this is perfect for our lifestyle. Thanks to the lovely ladies who started and run this great operation! – Erin Ley
This is a great option for gently used toy donations. My kids can still play with the items when we check them out, but I don’t have to store them! – Tess Young