The Minneapolis Toy Library loves getting gently used toys as donations. Please read the following before donating. We are a small volunteer team, so it’s important that the toy donations are appropriate for our use. Thank you.
- Gently used, like-new condition
- Appropriate for ages 0-5 years old
- Preference for toys that encourage learning
- Wooden toys and/or non-toxic materials
- Must have all the pieces that are required for the toy/game to work
Currently the MTL cannot accept:
- Stuffed animals
- Toys that are broken
- Toys that have corroded battery parts
- Baby items like play mats, bouncy chairs, walkers, or door swing/outside swings
- Children’s books
- Toys that have been recalled for safety issues
- Large outdoor playhouses (we do accept small outdoor/indoor toys such as slides, small trampolines, and trikes)
*If there is something that we can not use in our library we will either give it to a second hand store. If it is something that may not be good enough for resale or use we will try to find a way to repurpose the item or put it into recycling if possible. We work hard on creating very little toy waste that goes to the landfill!
How to donate toys
- You are welcome to donate toys at our space during lending events.
- Alternatively, you can drop off at a residence in S. Mpls or St. Paul – please email for this address.
- If you’d prefer to have your toys picked up, we can do that also, just let us know!
- Translators of common languages to help us reach more communities in Minneapolis.
- Special skill or talent: graphic designer, photography, social media expert, etc!