As of 6/1/2019 we are pausing accepting toy donations. We feel we have reached capacity at our current location. If you feel you have something exceptional for the toy library, please email us with a picture of the item. We do love high quality toys and know they would last and be well loved with our membership. This pause also helps us focus on grant work this year and bettering the toy library systems. Thank you for understanding.
The Minneapolis Toy Library loves getting gently used toys as donations. Please read the following before donating. We are a small volunteer team, so it’s important that the toy donations are appropriate for our use. Thank you.
- Gently used, like-new condition
- Appropriate for ages 0-5 years old
- Preference for toys that encourage learning
- Wooden toys and/or non-toxic materials
- Must have all the pieces that are required for the toy/game to work
Currently the MTL cannot accept:
- Stuffed animals
- Toys that are broken
- Toys that have corroded battery parts
- Baby items like play mats, bouncy chairs, or door swing/outside swings
- Children’s books
- Toys that have been recalled for safety issues
- Large outdoor playhouses (we do accept small outdoor/indoor toys such as slides, small trampolines, and trikes)
*If there is something that we can not use in our library we will either give it away to our members or a second hand store. If it is something that may not be good enough for resale or use we will try to find a way to repurpose the item or put it into recycling if possible. We work hard on creating very little toy waste that goes to the landfill!
How to donate toys
- You are welcome to donate toys at our space during lending events.
- Alternatively, you can drop off at a residence in S. Mpls or St. Paul.
- Please send us an email at email@example.com and we will send you the address of the closest drop-off point to you.
- If you’d prefer to have your toys picked up, we can do that also, just let us know!
- The community thanks you for your generosity!
- Translators of common languages to help us reach more communities in Minneapolis
- Special skill or talent: toy repair-person, graphic designer, photography, social media expert, etc!