The Minneapolis Toy Library loves getting gently used toys as donations.
- Gently used, like-new condition
- Appropriate for ages 0-5 years old
- Preference for toys that encourage learning
- Wooden toys and/or non-toxic materials
- Must have all the pieces that are required for the toy/game to work
Currently the MTL cannot accept:
- Stuffed animals
- Toys that are broken
- Toys that have corroded battery parts
- Baby items like play mats, bouncy chairs, or door swing/outside swings
- Children’s books
- Toys that have been recalled for safety issues
- Large outdoor playhouses (we do accept small outdoor/indoor toys such as slides, small trampolines, and trikes)
*If there is something that we can not use in our library we will either give it away to our members or a second hand store. If it is something that may not be good enough for resale or use we will try to find a way to repurpose the item or put it into recycling if possible. We work hard on creating very little toy waste that goes to the landfill!
How to donate toys
- You are welcome to donate toys at our space during lending events.
- Alternatively, there are multiple drop-off points across the city, in the Longfellow, East Harriet and NE Minneapolis neighborhoods.
- Please send us an email at email@example.com and we will send you the address of the closest drop-off point to you.
- If you’d prefer to have your toys picked up, we can do that also, just let us know!
- The community thanks you for your generosity!
- Translators of common languages to help us reach more communities in Minneapolis
- Special skill or talent: grant writer, toy repair-person, graphic designer, photography, musician, puppeteer, social media expert, etc!