The Minneapolis Toy Library loves getting gently used toys as donations. Please read the following before donating. We are a small volunteer team, so it’s important that the toy donations are appropriate for our use.
- Gently used, like-new condition
- Appropriate for ages 0-5 years old
- Preference for toys that encourage learning
- Wooden toys and/or non-toxic materials
- Must have all the pieces that are required for the toy/game to work
Currently the MTL cannot accept:
- Stuffed animals
- Toys that are broken
- Toys that have corroded battery parts
- Baby items like play mats, bouncy chairs, walkers, or door swing/outside swings
- Children’s books
- Toys that have been recalled for safety issues
- Large outdoor playhouses (we do accept small outdoor/indoor toys such as slides, small trampolines, and trikes)
*If there is something that we can not use in our library we will add it to our collection for an annual garage sale we have in the Spring. If it is something that may not be good enough for resale or use we will try to find a way to re purpose the item or put it into recycling if possible. We work hard on creating very little toy waste that goes to the landfill!
How to donate toys
- Drop them off during lending events.
- Translators of common languages to help us reach more communities in Minneapolis.
- Special skill or talent: graphic designer, photography, social media expert, etc!