UPDATE – we will begin accepting toy donations beginning in DECEMBER 2019. Please bring any donations that fit the criteria below to any lending event. There will be a toy donation bin right outside the library. If you have any questions about the things you are donating being appropriate, please send us an email, we would be happy to help.
The Minneapolis Toy Library loves getting gently used toys as donations. Please read the following before donating. We are a small volunteer team, so it’s important that the toy donations are appropriate for our use. Thank you.
- Gently used, like-new condition
- Appropriate for ages 0-5 years old
- Preference for toys that encourage learning
- Wooden toys and/or non-toxic materials
- Must have all the pieces that are required for the toy/game to work
Currently the MTL cannot accept:
- Stuffed animals
- Toys that are broken
- Toys that have corroded battery parts
- Baby items like play mats, bouncy chairs, or door swing/outside swings
- Children’s books
- Toys that have been recalled for safety issues
- Large outdoor playhouses (we do accept small outdoor/indoor toys such as slides, small trampolines, and trikes)
*If there is something that we can not use in our library we will either give it away to our members or a second hand store. If it is something that may not be good enough for resale or use we will try to find a way to repurpose the item or put it into recycling if possible. We work hard on creating very little toy waste that goes to the landfill!
How to donate toys
- You are welcome to donate toys at our space during lending events.
- Alternatively, you can drop off at a residence in S. Mpls or St. Paul.
- Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the address of the closest drop-off point to you.
- If you’d prefer to have your toys picked up, we can do that also, just let us know!
- The community thanks you for your generosity!
- Translators of common languages to help us reach more communities in Minneapolis
- Special skill or talent: toy repair-person, graphic designer, photography, social media expert, etc!